Join Our Green Team
We already know how thoughtful our guests can be when it comes to looking after the environment, but if you are looking for a little bit of added inspiration here are some things you can try, not all of them just when you are at Penhein!
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – when buying food for a self catering holiday why not try to avoid overly packaged goods, and say no to that extra carrier bag. This also helps us in our recycling at Penhein
- As you may know, we supply you with some basics for your arrival including loo roll and paper towels. When buying the extra you need, think about using recycled paper, perhaps from one of the charity suppliers out there (e.g Who Gives a Crap)
- Give the car a rest – think about not getting into the car for at least one day a week. When you are with us at Penhein we have plenty of adventures on the farm!
- Shop Local – Use local products and shops, they give you a flavour of an area and help support local communities
- Be Water Wise – water is a precious resource for us all and we try to save it where we can. You can make this part of your daily routine too, for instance, why not turn off the tap when brushing your teeth
- Look after the countryside and wildlife by not littering and guarding against fire. Take a spare small bag wherever you go for those little bits of litter you may drop by mistake
- At Penhein our guests have always been wonderful about taking their rubbish to the car park when they leave. All you need to do is securely tie bin bags and compost bags and put them in the relevant bins. We can then deal with them accordingly.
- If you have unopened tins of food at the end of a holiday that you don’t want to take home, they can be donated to a food bank. At Penhein we will quarantine them for 72 hours and then donate them locally
- Finally, if there is anything else you think we could be doing to reduce our environmental impact please let us know. ALL ideas welcome.